So just how to make black coffee especially a good one depends on a number of different factors and what type of equipment you decide to use. In this article we will look at what you need in order to make a good cup of black coffee and one type of pot that you can use.
Usually the best type of coffee to use in order to make a great tasting cup of black coffee is that which has been freshly ground. The reason why freshly ground is better is because after a couple of days ground coffee generally begins to lose its taste. Also if you are going to make coffee on your stove top then only keep it on there for a few minutes as any longer and the coffee will lose some of its taste and in some cases will become bitter. So it is better if you serve the coffee as soon as you have made it. Also you should use about 2 tablespoons of ground coffee for every cup that you make expect in the case of espresso. If making an espresso it is best to follow the guidelines that your espresso machine will have.
We will now take a look at a way on how to make black coffee using a plunger pot.
It is important that you use medium to fine ground coffee when making black coffee using this method. This type of pot allows you to make a full flavored coffee. As it is made from borosilicate glass you can pour hot water directly into it, however at no time should it be allowed to stand directly on a heat source. You will often find that they come in 3 sizes, 3 cup, 8 cup and 12 cup.
So how do you use one to make black coffee?
1. What you first need to do is pour some warm but not boiling water into the jar and then empty this out.
2. Next you need to place in the coffee grounds use 2 tablespoons of grounds for every cup of coffee that you are making.
3. Now you can add the hot water (preferably use water that has just boiled).
4. Place the plunger lid back on top of the pot. Once the plunger is in place mix it around a bit as this will stop the grounds from settling in one place at the top of the jar and then after a minute or so you can then press the plunger down. However there are some coffee connoisseurs who actually prefer to press the plunger down as soon as they place the lid on. But the decision is yours as to when this happens.
5. Now you can start to pour and enjoy.
Hopefully the guidelines shown above have shown you how to make black coffee that not only smells nice but also tastes really great as well.
Source by Douglas Taylor